1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my DVD won't play on dvd player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by oitsbee, Jun 24, 2004.

1. oitsbee

oitsbee Member

I used dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and they'd been great.

I've burned several movies and some of them would play on my dvd player and some wouldn't.

So, my question is why is that???

does rename the dvd matter? or if I don't use dvd decrypter burn the output right away but instead back up the movie to the hard drive first using dvd shrink then burn it later, will that make any different?

Because what I have done, some of the dvds I burned, I let the dvd shrink encode and burn the output with dvd decrypter and some I let the dvd shrink back up the movie to the hard drive and then burn it with roxio later.

Every single one will play on computer but some won't play on the dvd player.

2. bigfoot30

bigfoot30 Member

oitsbee,
    Have had the same problem. Check out ScubaPete's reply in the newbie forum. It sounds like the player doesn't like the disks that you use. I've been using Memorex 4x -r's and half won't play right. He suggests using Ritek GO4's or Verbatim. Also be sure player is compatible with DVD-rom,,, some older ones are not