1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dvd_rom is not in My Computer

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by andrew510, Feb 19, 2005.

1. andrew510

andrew510 Member

Hi Everyone
    about a week ago i had a dvd-r disc that i wanted to burn something onto so i put it into my dvd-rom drive to check if it was blank or not well when i put it in i left the pc a minute while it read the disc then i went into my computer double cicked to open the dics and My computer crashed so left it agine and it closed and the taskbar vanished like it usually dose .Well usually if my taskbar
    vanishes within 30 seconds to 3mins it should be comming back but it didn't i had left the pc for 15 mins and it still didn't come back so i turned the pc off at the power button.after i turned it back on the system said Boot from cd just like normal it said Boot from cd once and said it agine but then it just sat there and done nothing so i inserted my antivirus cd into the dvd-rw drive ,turned the pc off agine and the antivirus cd booted the system for me. Well when the system came back on i went to my computer and insted of saying dvd drive for my dvd rom drive it said something else and the type had changed to local disc and then about 2 days later the drive isn't even in my computer PLEASE HELP ME I DUNOO WHAT TO DO :-((((

Thanks

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Format C: Nothing in your post was what a computer would normally do. Getting the boot from CD ROM message is not normal, except during the installation of XP.

BTW, you aren't going to burn any DVD, using a DVD ROM drive. A DVD ROM drive can read a DVD disc, but it can't burn to one.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005