1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My FAT PS2 DVD Drive Won't Eject! Help me!!! :(

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vinny13, May 4, 2007.

1. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I'm sorry, but like wtf? I was doing the cogswap trick, and it wouldn't open, so then I got fed up and switched the cog back. Then I hit the eject button, and it still won't open! This PS2 isn't mine, so I gotta get it fixed before my cousin finds out, let alone my parents!

PLEASE HELP!

Oh ya, when I hit the eject button, you can see the white cog move to the open position, and then back to the closed position, and the tray doesn't move a bit. Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2007
  2. lanepwnu

lanepwnu Regular member

turn it off. take your slide card and move it to the open position.

take a pair of scissors and look for the thing on the front of the dvd tray that has a gap at the bottom. use the scissors there to (gently)
    pull the dvd tray open then turn it on and press eject....

3. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Well I tried that and it got it open smoothly, and shut smoothly, but then it got jammed again :(

It' makes a really loud noise when you pull it out and push it in, and it's really hard to push and pull it. It's kinda like a grinding sound.

4. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

I've had this happen before the only way I could fix was to remove the case top, remove to drive cover, remove the disc tray, lock cog in closed position, then reassemble. All ran smooth after that.

What happens is there is a slot on the bottom of the disc tray that the cog rides in to open and close the tray and it has jumped out of the slot. By disassembling and reassembling it you will line everything back up correctly.

Hope this helps and finds you in time to avoid any trouble with your relatives.