1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My favourite TV Series on disc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by 1banshee1, Apr 11, 2005.

1. 1banshee1

1banshee1 Guest

Hya, is there anybody out there who could shed a bit more light on this for me....

I have several episodes of a tv series that I downloaded from Bearshare sat already converted in various files in VSO Divxtodvd. I have attempted to put four of these episodes onto one disc and add a menu using TMPGenc. I put it in my player and can watch the programmes okayish, apart from flicking green lights every two minutes or so, but there are no menus....i followed a guide I found through Afterdawn but there must have been something somewhere that I didn't quite follow to the letter....is there a VERY simple guide that I can follow or any tips on what it is I may have done wrong...

Please help - it would be most appreciated:eek:)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try using Nero Vision Express it is much easier to follow and produces very good copies. There is a quick guide for this at my website (link in sig).

3. 1banshee1

1banshee1 Guest

Hya,

Thanks for replying - I have got Nero Start Smart and have 'tinkered' with it but to be truthful I have got so many different programmes for different things that the mind boggles sometimes. I'll grab a copy of the guide and set wheels in motion as I think that the Nero Vision Express may be on it.

Many thanks :eek:)

4. 1banshee1

1banshee1 Guest

Could you tell me if Nero Vision Express or Nero Burning Rom can allow me to insert a simple menu - just to seperate the episodes up?

Thanks,

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes Nero Vision Express can. :)

6. 1banshee1

1banshee1 Guest

Rightio, I have used Nero Vision Express and followed BBMayos guide to using it to add a menu, etc. It took about five hours and virtually ground my computer to a halt, however, I had done it!!! or so i thought - I burnt the files to a folder on my harddrive but now want to burn the completed project onto disc and this is where things have gone all wrong again - I can locate the folders but they appear to be empty and I have found a folder which appears to be the correct nero project, (having only done the one), but when I try to burn it an error pops up saying Nero doesn't recognise the file format, even though it is a nero project. Could you please shine your torch of knowledge on to this problem for me please as I'm at that nervous stage of wanting to complete the project but also throw my comuter and everything out into the garden....

Many thanks,

Michelle:eek:(

7. 1banshee1

1banshee1 Guest

Hya,

Forget the above - I've sorted it out now by taking a calmer approach to things and following BBMayos guides on her own website, link can be found in signature:O) Really easy to follow guides, which I think I've come across before when I first started copying:eek:)

Thanks for all the help!

8. 1banshee1

1banshee1 Guest

AAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Everything looked like it was going brilliantly until I tried the disc in the player - excitement when I saw the menu set up and working, picture quality really good and then totally gutted when I realised that I either had to learn to lip read or find out why there was no audio on the disc - first time this problem has occurred - can anybody out there help me - so near but oh so far!!!!