1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First 4 Verbatim Coasters! PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kblake, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Kblake

Kblake Member

Ever since I tried to backup Gears of War and it gave me an error, I have not been able to successfully burn a single disc using XBC. I also use the Samsung 162C with Kreon V81 and the Pioneer 112 burner to rip and burn. When I tried to rip Gears Of War using XBC this is the message I get:

A read error has occurred in the file system data area. If this data cannot be recovered or you choose to zero fill this section it will result in an incomplete backup.

Partition Offset LBA: 1666373
    Overall Offset LBA: 1796197

Name: \WarGame\CookedXenon\SP_Tyro_Scripting_2.xxx

Then it gives me the option to Retry Read, Zero Fill Sectors, or Cancel Read.

This this mess up my settings, or change something. Because since that has happened I have not been able to burn anything at all successfully. Please Help!

2. motomods

motomods Regular member

do you have the latest version of XBC??

3. Kblake

Kblake Member

Yes, Im using XBC Version 2.5. This is the newest version, correct?

4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Use Schtrom360 Xtract V3.2, you can rip the whole 360 game with that program then burn it using ImgBurn.

5. Kblake

Kblake Member

Now when I try to use Schtrom Xtract V3.2 that doesnt work either. It gives me the message: MyGetAltPhysicalFormationInformation Failed! Can someone please try and give me some advice on what to do?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

that is odd because i know it can be backed up. Personally i did not like the newest XBC and i swithed back to V2.4 which works better.
    when you used XBC are you doing it like this:
    1. go to drive tools tab and click unlock drive
    2. go to read tab and click read

7. Kblake

Kblake Member

When I clicked on the unlock drive button, it says the drive seems to already be unlocked. Now when I insert disc into the drive it just kind of clicks a little bit and freezes up the XBC program. This happened to me before with the same Samsung 162C drive, so I sent it back, now this is a new one and it is doing the same exact thing. I got about 2 good read and writes out of it and now this. Could it be something in my setup making this happen. The guy I bought the first drive from said that when he got the drive back it worked fine for him, but it was clicking and freezing XBC for me?? Anyone know a solution maybe???

8. steimy

steimy Active member

that is odd, i have the SH-D163A (the SATA version of that same drive) running Kreon firmware version 0.81 and it has worked every time.

here are my steps
    1. put disc in DVD drive and let it spin a bit to be recognized
    2. open XBC V2.4
    3. go to drive tools and unlock drive
    4. go to read tab and start to copy to the PC
    5. when done, open IMGburn and set layer break (if you did not already)
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
    6. put in blank, let it get recognized and if you have a burner that can do it, set booktype to DVD-Rom
    7. select the ISO file that you made and burn it at 4X (yes, i know everyone else will scream that you should use the DVD file but since that only tells your burner what the file name is and what the layer break should be you do not need it since you set the layer break manually)

9. Kblake

Kblake Member

What do you mean by set booktype to DVD-Rom?

10. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

if you have a pioneer 112 burner it should automatically booktype,to confirm put one of your backups in your burner start imgburn wait until it detects the disk and scroll down you will see how the disk was burned, look for Physical Format Information (Last Recorded), look for booktype and it will tell you how your drive burned the disk weather it burned it as a DVD+R DL or DVD-ROM.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=582729

http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php

ultimate-dvdr.com/game-backup-tutorials/3671-booktyping-dvd-r-dvd-rom-guide-bubbles.html

11. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

i had a simillar message when backing up pro evo it said thiserror occured and it would be an error reading and gave me the same options u had so click the bit that says fill all zero and it carried on copying the game when once done i thought pro evo back up wouldnt work but back it up using pioneer dvr109 and it worked fine on my xbox 360

if it still doesnt work it could have messed up ur setting either on ur sammy but if when u sent it bak to the guy he said it wa working fine then the only thing to do would be and i only suggest this is to re install windows basically format ur hard drive this might work u culd try it

i had problems using gary opa flashing my xbox 360 drive but when i got me a new hard drive and windows it went thru perfect

try other methods first though
    i dont know if u kan re flash the sammy once its done but u culd try it or google it to see if u kan re flash it using kreon

12. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

when u open up xbox creator go to the setting look this up on the net u have to set sumthing to retry 5 google it or i am sure on the forum it states what to do in the setting b4 u even put the disk in try this see if it works i didnt do it when i got xbox back up creator but try it and u neva know the only other thing i could say is that it could somehow be ur comp that is making u get these errors as when u sent the sammy bak to the guy it was working for him

13. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Based on what you told me, I think it may be the disc.

14. pushur

pushur Member

Had this error when backing up GRAW 2
    Clicked Retry and it worked fine
    Never thought about it again

15. Amanda916

Amanda916 Member

I got the same problem too. The Xbox creator worked 2 times, then it just stopped working. Now I have to use CloneCD, but that takes me about 2 hours just to burn a game! I noticed this problem after MS auto updated my Window. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I can't even use Verbatim disc anymore for I kept getting coasters. But Sony discs work just fine for me.

From reading this and other posts around, I think this is becoming a problem for people who recently started backing up xbox 360 games, but not the ones who have been backing games for a long time. Hopefully, someone can help us figure out the problem.