1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first build - Looking for some input

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Whouzt, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Whouzt

Whouzt Member

Hey Guys, Im interested in putting together a "semi budget" gaming rig and I was hoping to receive some constructive criticism for the parts that Ive selected. Im happy with the price right around 1,100 CA with a monitor, that sounds fair to me.

Anyways, heres my build : edited by ddp

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You'll need a more powerful PSU, 450W likely won't be enough. 600W should be ample.

You may also consider an SSD for your OS drive/game installs, to increase performance - look at Intel or Samsung 830/840 series.

3. Whouzt

Whouzt Member

Thanks. I took what you said into consideration, upgraded my PSU and picked a solid state.. which I'm glad I did, I'm interested to try one out. Thanks again.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Take in to account you should ideally still use a regular SATA HDD for personal data storage (music, pics, video etc) as a more permanent home for said content (the life of SSDs is by no means short or unrealiable - anymore - but it is not necessarily a replacement for a SATA drive either).

ANyway, no problem; happy building.