1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first coaster :(

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Divinus, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Divinus

Divinus Guest

Yes, I'm sad to say that at only my 6th disc in, I got my first coaster. I was using the first disc of a 5 pack of these Memorex 8X DVD+R. In every DVD player I have it says "no disc" and even in my DVD-ROM, nothing.

These are the same DVD+Rs that came back with the R03 Ritek code. They're supposedly burnable at 8X, I set the writer to burn at 4X just in case, but still to no avail :(

Looks like it's back to the store for better media. I suppose I can still use the other 4 discs for data backup purposes.

[bold]Edit[/bold] Guess I spoke too soon. I just popped the Disc (which was Dawn of the Dead) in my old emerson DVD Player, which no one uses anymore, and it loaded up fine. Works great. I'm guessing all of our other players are just racist towards DVD+R. I have an LG DVD -ROM that also wouldn't read anything (No Disc).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2004
  2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Well,not the best quality media,great for using at Christmas for coasters.
    Try some good stuff like Sony,TDK and Verbantim.
    I have used the cheap 'crap' and have waisted a buddle of dough.
    I use all of the above now with great results.
    Pete

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello divinus, different media acts different in all players,burners,dvdroms,and stand alones. Try to find a "high quality" media that will burn great and play excellent in your stand alone players that you are going to play on them.There are a lot of problems on these forums about ritek-r03 discs. Try to avoid memmorex all together, too many different manufacturers. You may get a good batch one time but the next? may be cmags.They say only 10% of memorex is any good. 90% junk.If you can only burn + format, try sony +4x. Staples has them on sale spindle of 25 for $9.94. They are looking pretty good on my benq 1610. Coded sony0401. Later

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Many stand alone players are dash(-) only since it is the older format.