1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first post and a newb question (sorry)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by pk1209, Aug 15, 2002.

1. pk1209

pk1209 Member

Hi folks. Just started my DVD ripping career using the dvd to avi guide here and its been going pretty good. I just have a couple of questions if you can help.
    First: when i have finished setting up the rip, ie. i have the 2 jobs in the job control ready to go, and i select postpone on the second job and then rubn the first job. After that, all i have to do is click start on the second job is that right? ie. what im asking is it ok to postpone the second pass, and do it at a different time?

Second question: the reason for the first question is that when i rip my dvd it takes bloody ages! i know its meant to take a while but it can be up to 9 hours per pass, ie. a total of about 18, average is probably about 12 hours so... I have a 1.2 ghz athlon, and 576 ram. I dunno, this might be normal but im not sure. Also, this is after i have altered the priority to highest etc.

Any info would be dead useful. Thanks a lot guys!

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

It's ok as long as you don't delete or move _ANY_ of the files the process has produced so far.

Yeah it does take forever :) The thing is -- more quality you want, more time it will take.