1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my friend got banned with orig disc

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by fazes, Jan 6, 2008.

1. fazes

fazes Member

so my friend actually modded his system just incase any of his games scratched up. he does not even own one backup but wanted to learn to do so, so he goes online today with an orig copy of guitar hero 3 and gets the axe smh. system was picked up today from best buy brand new modded hours later and now he just got banned. so i guess they can just detect if your system is modded?

2. ato09

ato09 Member

Ya, i got banned because of modded firmware, it says that everywhere on here

3. fazes

fazes Member

yeah but its usually cause of playing a backup game. all the talk is of poorly made backup games that are banning people. when its clear my friend never tried a backup game and was still banned.

4. ato09

ato09 Member

And it it has also been stated that it can also deal with the time of the ping response from your 360, which would deal with the firmware, atleast that is what i believe. I could be mistaken, but im sure that you can be banned because of your firmware.

5. fazes

fazes Member

dunno just seems like a waste of time getting your system modded if you cant even go on live with your originals.

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

have one for live, and one for backups...thats what i do...

7. ato09

ato09 Member

That or just dont flash it, whats the point if you are going to play originals.

8. KKM

KKM Member

I don't believe noobs

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Only if you get caught playing bad backups. If it was based on firmware alone, everyone would have been banned along time ago.

There are professionals who develop the firmware and ripping tools. They work hard to sort out the possible detections MS could use to ban. And right now they're saying the firmware is safe.

I'm not knocking your friend, but if I had to choose who to believe, it'd be the pros... not someone who's trying to learn how to make a backup.

I'd say the chances are good that he made or downloaded a bad backup and didn't know better to unplug his network cable from the 360 before testing it.

You don't have to be logged on to your LIVE gamertag to be connected to LIVE. If your cable is connected, the 360 will transfer data to LIVE... even if no profile is selected.

10. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It agree it's hard to be someone with a modded 360 has never even had one back up run in the console. How would you even know if the flash was a success without testing it with at least one backup?

11. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

how old is his 360??... is it the Elite version??... we need more details

12. fazes

fazes Member

i went with him to pick it up from bestbuy the same day i posted this thread. a few of my other friends got their systems modded from some neighborhood kid so we took it to him. he did the mod infront of us put the ixtreme 1.4 benq firmware on the dvd drive, he hooked up some pci card to the pc and then finished and put the system back together. the system is the hdmi regular white 360 with 20gb hdd that also comes with ultimate alliance and forza 2. we borrowed guitar hero 3 from a friend becuase we read that its safer to make a backup using the actual game instead of dling it off the net. but we realized that we needed a kreon drive and some other stuff to rip the game. so he went online with the orig guitar hero 3 played for about an hour turned off the system. went to play forza 2 about an hour later on live and he got the axe. so not once was a backup played on the system and he was banned.

13. joonbugg

joonbugg Member

I believe it. Bottom line is, nobody is EXACTLY sure how M$ bans people. Could be by somehow detecting modified firmware, unstealthed backups, or maybe they are high tech enough to zoom in with Google Earth to physically see if you are using backups. I just got banned last week. I sent my 360 in for repair to a guy in New York around December 10th. Just got it back on January 2nd, tried to get on live, and I was banned. I wasnt banned before I got the RROD. Doesnt really matter, as the only games I regularly played on live was UNO and Spades. I know im in the minority, as I have about 70+ backups, and I only played on live maybe 5-10 times with any other games. Too many quitters on live, so I wont miss it.

14. EricCarr

EricCarr Regular member

Questions for those who have been banned from live:

What drive does your 360 have?

List all firmware have your used on live?

How do you make backups, and what programs did you use to make your backups(need details)?

What backup games do you play on XBL?

15. BartHelps

BartHelps Guest

doesnt have anything to do with it

16. KKM

KKM Member

I think BartHelps shouldn't be so rude. Just answer the question or don't write at all.

Any information is helpful to us

17. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Kreon's not the safest way. In fact it's been proved that Kreon drives occasionally make bad rips which are detectable by MS. This is old news.

The safest way is to use a 360 Samsung drive. Either the ms25 or ms28.