1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My game works now it doesn't

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by db256, Jan 30, 2007.

1. db256

db256 Guest

I made a backup of shadow the hedgehog.It worked fine i played it 3 times.Now i want to play it and my xbox senses to game but when i load it, it says disc is dirty or damaged all the time (its pissing me off).So i went and brought a new dvd-r and rws (when i played it it was on the RW but i had a 25 pack of then so i tried to burn it again normaly on 1 disc then i burned it after i used qwix on another disc and guess what same problem.It reads the disc but doesn't play the game.My game sonic riders i backed up works fine and still does today.But why shadow the hedgehog so i brought the same set of disc i used for sonic riders and burn it on those and i STILL doesn't work WHY? Now all the games i burn execpt sonic riders doesn't work and i know its not the iso because i've played it and now it just acts stupid.I guess my xbox is mad shadow has a gat and he is a G.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

what brand are you using, a quality brand DVD can make all the difference in it working or not.

also i have heard of people fixing this problem by cleaning out the cache on the Xbox, just do a search and i am sure you can find instructions.

3. db256

db256 Guest

i used an office depot and a imation dvd-R disc and another disc of dvd-RW which is the one that worked before and now it doesn't.I cleaned my lens inside my xbox and it still didn't work. It says disc is dirty/damaged and the disc is brand new.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

well Ofiice Depot and Imation discs are just not good.
    I would get some Verbatim discs (8X DVD-R if you can find them)

Trying Craxtion4 instead of Qwix to make the ISO may also work better. you need to download and install ".net framework" from microsoft to use Craxtion, it is free of course.

did you try reading up on clearing the cache? that is something else to try.

5. db256

db256 Guest

why use 8x dvd-r instead of a 16x dvd-r

6. db256

db256 Guest

what im realy trying to figure out is why the game worked 3 times before with no problems and now it just doesn't want to anymore

7. db256

db256 Guest

can u explain how to use craxtion.

8. db256

db256 Guest

every time i try to make the iso i has an error then it say continue and try to ignore the error i click continue and it says creating iso and it does not do anything

9. steimy

steimy Active member

Craxtion is about the same as Qwix.
    You select the create an ISO option, you browse to the folder on your PC with all the files and select it, then hit create ISO

The discs may work a few times and not again due to extremely cheap DVD's that you used. I like the 8X better than 16X because that is what i have always used and have always worked.
    The 16X work fine too if burned correctly but they use to give my old burner fits trying to burn them.

PS- what error, you need to post up what it says for anyone to know what the problem may be.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  10. db256

db256 Guest

this is for shadow the hedgehog (i tried megaman also).It load some of the files it needs to then it says access denied by the OS (what is the OS) must abort

11. db256

db256 Guest

forget this problem.i got it to work but now i burned it and everything and still DISC IS DIRTY/DAMAGED.

12. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

what kind of DVD drive do you have in your xbox?? ie: Thompson Samsung?
    Some of the Xbox DVD drives can be picky on what type of media is used thats why is best to use good brands like Steimy said. I have had great successes using Verbatims and Sonys 8x DVD-R's.

13. db256

db256 Guest

i know this is a noob question but how do i know which drive i have.where does it say

14. db256

db256 Guest

I want an answer to this question here-Why did the game work before (3times) and it don't work anymore.

15. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

you can find out what drive you have by going to http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_version_comparison.html

I'm not quite sure why it would work 3 times and not anymore, again it could be because your xbox dvd drive is picky with the media at which point it would be 50/50 if its going to work or not.

I'll search around some more and see what I can come up with.

Also on the same site there are a few things that you can try to resolve dirty disc errors. It may be something you might wanna read up on.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  16. Taylor2k

Taylor2k Member

just a suggestion .. have you tried transferring the iso to the xbox hdd and loading from their.. if the error still occurs then its a bad iso

17. steimy

steimy Active member

The above is correct except you do not FTP the ISO file.
    You use Craxtion4 to extract the ISO to a folder the FTP the folder to the Xbox into your games folder. If all files transfer and it still doesn't work it may have just been a bad ISO