1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My games seem to lag a little any suggestions

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by ooZEROoo, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I recently acquired Gears of War and Crysis. While playing the games seem to lag a bit. This may sound crazy but gears lags more than Crysis. Any way to fix this problem. I do have an older computer but in vista my base score is still higher than the minimum requirements. Any help on getting my games to run a little better would be great.

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Could be driver and/or hardware issues. But its most likely just a matter of the games being to demanding, so try lowering your video settings. What is your systems hardware? CPU? Videocard?

3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I said lag in my first post and that term is incorrect. What I meant to say was it seems like it is running at a low frame rate. It does more so on Gears of war than it does on Crysis. I have Crysis running almost flawlessly now. Is there anyway to adjust the framerate. My system is kind of old but I've seen these games run on a system of similar specs. Pentium 4 3 ghz, ATI Radeon hd2600 512mb, 3 gigs of ram, Windows Vista Ultimate.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

your p4 may be bottlenecking the system. you at least need a 3.2 p4 or higher because you're running vista.

ram and graphics card is fine, although switching to a HD3850/HD3870 will help out.

lowering your graphics settings will improve framerate. so if some settings are on high, turn them down to medium.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

The issue as I see it is Vista Ultimate is killing your gaming experience. It's well known that gaming with Vista suffers due to Vista's large system resource usage, driver issues, etc. Considering your system specs and the fact that your running Vista Ultimate I would feel very sure saying that Vista is hindering your gaming.