1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My hard drive isn't working...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by moralz, Mar 7, 2005.

1. moralz

moralz Member

2 weeks ago I was transferring a ps2 game from my pc to my ps2 hard drive. It didn't work and when I tried it again I noticed red font in Winhiip that said bad connection on a large majority of my games. I put the hd in my ps2 and everything is working fine then I try to transfer the game on the hard drive and it goes through but I didn't get a successful message. I load up my hard drive to find only 7 out of many games that I had and was sorta mad. I did get the game but in return almost all my games were deleted. Then I tried loading another game on it and it went through but then it left only 2 games and the game i tried to put on wasn't there. Now, when I try to load my hd on the pc, it recognizes it at start up but when I try to use winhiip it doesn't load my hard drive. It recognizes it's there but the program closes. I used every other transfer program and nothing else works. Any one know how I can fix this and MAYBE get ALL my games back?

Thanks.

2. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

when you put the hd in the pc did you set it to slave, and then back to master again when putting it back into the ps2? i think the games that were deleted are gone forever and you will need to reload them again.

3. moralz

moralz Member

slave and master? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with those terms. When ever I put my hd in the pc, it recognizes it and I save the settings on the pc and it usually works fine. Then I transfer the games from my pc to my ps2 hd, shut down my pc after, then load the hd to the ps2 and play the game. The hd plays the 2 games I got on the ps2 but thats all.

4. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

what hd do you have? do you have an instruction manual for it? there is a row of about 8 or 10 pins on one side of the hd and there will be a small jumper connector on 2 pins. changing which pins the jumper is connecting will tel the hd if it is master or slave

5. moralz

moralz Member

my bad. I should've mentioned the hd
    but I have a seagate barracuda 120 gb
    there r some instrutions on the hd and I think it was set to master. Theres a little blue thing that was on 2 pins out of a set of 8 in the center sort of. I took it off and I'm about to try it again and see if that does anything.

6. moralz

moralz Member

so taking off the jumper disabled the hd and nothing is making it work. Any other suggestions?

7. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

you need to look at the instructions and see which pins need to have the jumper accross them to enable slave mode on the hd, and make sure it is set that way when connected to the pc, then when you put it back in the ps2 make sure it is set to master again

8. moralz

moralz Member

I messed around wit the different cords, jumpers and cables but nothings working. The instructions said use the gray jumper thing to plug the hard drive. I was using that one but then I used the master cord and that wiped out my data I think. I still can't get the hd to work on the pc though