1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my Hdd just stopped working and now makes a click sound

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joshont, May 31, 2007.

1. joshont

joshont Regular member

i had my hdd connected to my computer to put more games on and my dog knocked it off my desk onto the floor, now my winhiip doesn't read it and my brothers ps2 doesn't read it, it just makes this clicking sound when it starts up, anyone know what that is and how i can fix it???

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  2. blackleaf

blackleaf Member

What you want to do is connect your hdd to your computer through your ide or sata and run an mri on it. Look for the manufactures website there should be some software there that checks your hard drive or you can put it in an air tight bag and freeze the darn thing overnight then hook it up to your computer....good luck

3. foolios

foolios Member

I'm pretty sure your hard drive is fubarred. I would only try the freezer trick if you were majorly desperate to get something really important off the drive. That trick might just buy you enough time to get something off. Highly unlikely though. And majorly dangerous to your pc and something frozen may end up having condensation on it which then would drip onto your motherboard components and booger your pc's motherboard. Some people have actually had success hitting it with a hammer when they believed the heads were stuck.
    Accidents happen, just move on and get that dog better trained. ;o

Good luck!

4. joshont

joshont Regular member

damn i have all my movies and games in there!!! >:0