1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide My head will expode

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Rico_Kiko, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Rico_Kiko

Rico_Kiko Newbie

Hello people of the internet world..
    I probably need help , what with satellite tv , and i phones and apps . x boxes, android phones , bluetooth , laptops computers , tablets ,, and theyre all different and they all need a huge ammount of learning and reading to get the bloody thing to work .
    Rant end
    now I have another one

an MXQ box...
    I know theres guides and help and all this stuff that makes my head explode , so i thought id start here.
    I have a box
    and a little remote keypad that goes with it ,
    it did work ..ish
    then my head exploded and I left it
    now im back to see it again ..unexploded
    this is what I have ...

MXQ
    Android version...4.4.2
    Build number ...MXQ.V2.0.201601260953

Kernel version ...
    ubuntu@google-server#1
    tue Jan 26 10:00:23 CST 2016

That what the box says ...if it means anything...
    i suppose so..

in it it has some apps
    Mobdro
    Kodi v 15.2
    filmon live tv
    videomix
    etc

So i cant get them to work now , i think its to do with updating everything ...!!
    Would like to watch some movies ,,kids stuff ...
    maybe some tv stuff
    maybe a documentary
    normal stuff..

So whats my best move now?
    baby stuff , small steps ,,, what do i update first ...and maybe how .and where .and with what
    oops head exploding again...
    lets start

2. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

First off is can you update your android version , 4.4.2 is old so see if your able to update o.t.a ( Over The Air ). If no update is available then update kodi to a version that suits 4.4.2 ( probably kodi 16.1 ).
    Terrarium is also a good app for movies and tv

3. Rico_Kiko

Rico_Kiko Newbie

Terrarium....Ok..
    Yes that is what I am trying to look at now .. updating firmware , i think ...

4. piopat

piopat Active member

rico while android 4.4.2 firmware is not the most recent its still fine for use , i use it myself with no issues at all .

my advice , and judging by your posts above is not to mess with your firmware , there is no need , and if you use the wrong firmware you can end up with even more problems .

your kodi version at 15.2 can be updated and far more easily . my suggestion is that you remove the non working android apps (kodi ,mobdro etc) , you can of course simply install terrarium app . my suggestion is to install kodi again , your box can only handle up to kodi 16 jarvis , so i would go with that .

once you learn how to install kodi repos and addons you open up a world of options .

i have a newbies guide right here in this section , all be it at the start i was using a different box but other than that many things i talk about apply on any box . so i suggest you read that thread from the start , take your ime and digest as much as you can and see if you understand it .