1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my kid just got an xbox360 with kinect is there a way to play backup games without opening it?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by rolandpm1, Jul 27, 2011.

1. rolandpm1

rolandpm1 Member

hi to all my kid just got an xbox360 with kinect last week of april 2011 is there a way that he can play backup games on it without openin it or puting something inside the xbox? could you pls help me? is there a step by step guide on how to do it? thank you.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

No, but if you wait you can get the X360key, as soon as it gets released, that's a jailbreaking device that gets plugged in into the Xbox 360's USB port. It's not yet released though and nobody knows how long it will work, depending on a forced update.

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

There's mixed opinions about xkey and c4eva cfw. Xkey is a emulator that allows you, in therory, boot xbox backups in ISO form from a USB drive. I say in therory because it hasn't been released. Xkey will plug in between the sata plug and the dvd drive inside the xbox. Once released microsoft can get ahold of it, they themselves might reverse enginner it, and find a way to patch it by means of a dashboard update. Xkey is too expensive if you ask me, but say good bye to playing online.

C4eva cfw is more reliable, but you must be aware of changes and alets in regards to the firmware. Updating it frequently whenever C4eva provides updates to avoid ms detection if playing online and offline for any flags that might lead to a ban.

Both are good choices, but c4eva cfw will out last xkey unless xkey provides firmware updates to those who can't later update to a newer dashboard due to a dash patch.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Open your xbox slim, and if you discover that the dvd firmware is 0225 or 0401 you can update its firmware with a unlocked PCB replacement. Its too late at the moment to actually try to mod your slim because a limited amount of PCB boards were made. The tools required to do this can be a little bit expensive, so it may not be for everyone. Other drive revisions exist and when those are given interest then may be we'll see more PCB for those other drives and for the ones I've just mentioned.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

locobrown, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 9 lines of text which includes the spacer line, posts edited.
    1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

6. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Actually you still have to open the 360 to use the x360key. It connects to the drive as it is a drive emulator. There is no way around opening the 360. You will have to do it no matter what mod you choose.