1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my laptop wont work cuz this SPTD.sys thingy...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by czdybal, Apr 2, 2007.

1. czdybal

czdybal Member

wehn i turn on my laptop, it boots to the safe mode/ safe mode with networking/ safe mode with cmd/ last good setting/ or start normaly. When i chose anyone of these opitions, neither of them work it just ends up rebooting. But wen i chose a safe mode option it gives me the option to load or not to load SPTD.sys. im kinda stumped on this.... so if anyone can please help, thxs

2. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Looks like an issue with Daemon Tools, if you have that loaded, then follow link to the fix.

http://www.kkaf.net/sptdfix.htm

Hopefully this will help.

3. czdybal

czdybal Member

kk yea i do have daemon tools on it

4. czdybal

czdybal Member

umm how am i supposed to delte daemon tools if the computer isnt bootign properly....

5. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Boot into safe mode, as you said you can do that, and then delete it manually, then edit the registry to remove any references.

At least you now know what the problem is.

6. czdybal

czdybal Member

wen i boot into safe mode, it asked to cancle loading sptd.sys by pressign esc, but if i do it jsut reboots, and if i dont it reboots anyways.... i would of done that if i could of..

7. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Sorry mis-read the post.

In that case you will have to edit the registry in DOS, it can be done and is quite easy to do.

However I appreciate that most newer users of PCs never used DOS to any degree so don't have any idea how to use it to it's full potential.

If you are able, then you could try to look up the commands to use, or you'll either have to take it to someone that knows how to do it.

The only other option would be to do a total rebuild.

Talking you through doing it here, would be a nightmare I'd need to be in front of the PC to do it.

It may be worth investing the time in learning what to do, as having that level of use of DOS will help you out endless times in the future.

8. czdybal

czdybal Member

kk thx anyways