1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My media or my Ps2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Buchanan, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Buchanan

Buchanan Member

I have had some problems with games, most of the the time small problems, but problems none the less. Is a back-up supposes to run flawlessly? or should I expect things like a quarter second freeze at the end of a football play?

I am currently using FujiFilm DVD+R media. Some issues like my LoTR:RoTK massive choppiness were brought to a much more reasonable level using Olsfad's boot disk, but the issues are still there.

BTW ive been using fujifilm because I have yet to make a coater of one, and when I use them for movies I never have problems.

Thanks - Bull Buchanan

2. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

what version ps2 do you have? have you tried using dvd[bold]-r[/bold] instead of +r? I've backed up over 50 games with my pioneer a05 and ritek -r's w/o a single glitch.

[​IMG]

3. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

also depends on the type of original ps2 game ur using to refresh the TOC with. Try and get hold of the largest TOC possible. So far with all my games i use Dark Chronicles which has made all the games work the way they should. When i use another game to refresh TOc like FFX it doesnt seem to be as realible but reasonable when playing. So just test around which game TOC works best, generally the higher the better.

To check your games see this;

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/31557

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the backup should not give any trouble... apart from the boot thing thats whats chips and loaders for... try burning at lower speeds... if you already burning at 2.4x it can be the media... even if it didnt give eny errors at burning dont mean it will run the whole way on the ps2... the last resort you should check the lens of the ps2.... try cleaning it with one of them cleaning disks.. or open the ps2 and with air can spray some on lens to get rid of dust or dirt... you can also try the dvd-r as Wulfie66 said the ps2 runs them better even if it can read dvd+r... make sure your burner supports dvd-r... thats about it...