1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Microsoft experience is getting worse and worse!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Domreis, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

So as alot of you may know my XBOX died January 14th.
    M$ so far has sent me 4 refurbished consoles.
    I got the 4th console today, and was all gity because it actually turned on unlike the other 3. I then load all my settings, and throw Gears of War into the drive. I then get a read disk error half way threw the load. I say thats weird so I try Crackdown. While Crackdown is loading I hear a weird noise coming from the disk drive so immediately remove the disk. I look the disk over and there are 4 or 5 rings etched into my game. I then look at Gears of War, same thing. I was able to conclude that the 360 scratched my disks.

I then call M$ and ask what the *bleep* is up. The lady replied replied "oh.... lets see, ok is your console in the vertical or horizontal position?" "Vertical" "ok move your console to the horizontal position, and see if it will read a disk" "mam, this console has already scratched 2 of my disks, I will not put another disk in unless you will replace it" "I am sorry sir our warranty dosen't cover damage done to the games; please insert a different disk" "So are you saying you won't replace my 2 games that cost me a 60 bucks each, when clearly the console you sent me scratched them?" "That is correct" "Ok, I would like to speak to a supervisor" At that point she hung up on me.

This sucks.
    Not only do I have a dead 360, but I have 2 dead games.
    I have been without my console for over 3 month! This is outrageous! I think the Better Business Bureau will be getting a call tomorrow!

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i think that you should send that box somewhere better to be fixed. and did you make back ups of your games? my xbox died recently also and i just sent it in to get fixed but i didnt go with microsoft. way to overpriced, plus i modded it. hope you have better luck. also you could just download the games and burn them. since you bought the games it would not be illegal to play the copies that you downloaded

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I sent it to M$ because I was in Warranty. I have downloaded the games and play them, but thats not the point. I have the right to have a originals. I also may want to bring my games to a friends who hasn't had their 360 modded. I flashed my first 360 and it died, so I bought a new one, and it died before I got a chance to flash it, therefore it was still in warranty!

4. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

thats a good point. the originals are always useful. and why cant they just fix your console and send it back to you instead of a crappy refurbished console. alsowhy dont they do a decent job of fixing the xboxhow did you get microsoft to accept your console if had flashed it? were you just carful at removing the warenty sticker?

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I flashed my first console and it died. I went out and bought a second console, planning on not flashing it. I was going to eventually get my first fixed. They fixed it once, and the fix actually made it worse, then the have sent me refurbs. The warranty states that if I am not satisfied they will refund my money. I am not satisfied they won't replace my games, and they keep hanging the phone up one me.

I am done with them.
    I know our State attorney general, so I am going to contact him tomorrow, and I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau.

6. IIIIIII

IIIIIII Member

If i were u i would not buy refurbished console beacause they just came form a factory and you don't know what wrong with it it could be damaged really bad on the inside and not the out trust me same happened with my psp

7. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

hes not buying a refurbished console. that is the "fixed" console that ms sent him. doreis good luck w/ the better buisness buereau

8. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

sorry for the double post

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I have already received a email. They asked for my reference #, and they are going to call M$ and try to sort out a deal.... whatever that means.

10. caliph

caliph Guest