1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mod Wii failed to update

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jackielqj, Jun 1, 2007.

1. jackielqj

jackielqj Member

I got a backup game "big brain academy" from my friend. The game came with a update, but it took forever to finish so I took out the CD. And my wii failed to update. I can't even go to wii setting. What can I do?

By the way, my Wii failed to read some backup discs while my friend has no problem. And even if it can, I have to reset so many times before I can read it.

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

this is concerning given that the game isn't released until the 11th of June? Did you get an import? If you updated your NTSC wii with a PAL or NTSC (J) release then your screwed buddy! Can you give some more info? Where did your friend get the game? Did he download it or did he get it from overseas? More info would be helpful

3. jackielqj

jackielqj Member

My friend downloaded the game. However, it works fine with his Wii which is also bought in US and is NTSC. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

what can you do with your Wii?

What is happing when trying to turn on the Wii?

Will the Wii play games?

What error are you getting when trying to turn on the Wii?

We are not mind readers if you want help you need to give us allot more information.

So this means your Wii is NTSC?

What about the game disc is it NTSC?

5. jackielqj

jackielqj Member

I can turn on the Wii without any problems. The only problem is that I can't go to the Wii setting now. Every time I go there, it has a error and Wii just freezes.

6. jackielqj

jackielqj Member

Also, I can play the backup games with no problem. But I just can't go to setting. Is there any way I can fix it?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Sounds like the update bricked your Wii settings.

This has happened recently with the PAL Mario Strikers Game Disc. Have you recently played this on your Wii?

Was the Big Brain Academy a PAL or NTSC(J) version?

In anycase it seems you have bricked your Wii settings and you will need to wait till the next version firmware is released on a game disc to try to unbrick the settings.

Just make sure when doing the update you are using the correct region game disc for the update.

8. jackielqj

jackielqj Member

The game I was trying to play is NTSC (japan version). I guess what I can do now is pray for a new update.

Thank you for your help.