1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My MP3 player will not charge or show on my PC after recent work done .

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by pirateboy, Jan 15, 2012.

1. pirateboy

pirateboy Member

I recently took my computer to a shop to be repaired because of virus related issues . I didn't have a complete reinstall , but some programs were removed and now my MP3 player will not show in my computer or charge .

I went into device manager and see a ! exclamation point next to USB mass storage device ,so I uninstall and click action and scan for hardware changes , and see a pop- up at the bottom of the right side of my PC letting me know there's new hardware found , only nothing in my computer , so I tried updating the driver and firmware for Sanza clip and while it's trying to update , states no updateable Sanza product has been recognized .

Any advice , because I think something went wrong when the PC was repaired .

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take it back to the store to get the pc working properly as that is what you paid them to do & they didn't do it.

3. pirateboy

pirateboy Member

Is that honestly what it sounds like to you ? I'm about to go back to the shop tomorrow and let them know .

I've gone to them several times and they do a good job for the cheapest price in town .

The MP3 player I'm also taking back to Target where I purchased it before the warranty is up because the battery life is awful and half of what it's supposed to be , and extremely hard to navigate .

4. ddp

yes & go for it.

5. pirateboy

pirateboy Member

I told the shop about the problem , so they asked me to bring the MP3 to them to plug into their computer and found the same error code , and feel it's defective and bring it back . I got a second opinion from another shop and was told the same thing when describing the problem . Anyway , thanks for trying to help , I'm bringing this junk back for an exchange tonight .

6. aldan

aldan Active member

plug another usb device into that port and see if it works.if so then yeah its likely your mp3 player.

7. ddp

no problem.