1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My MS sticker isn't tamper proof!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by owvp702, Apr 13, 2007.

1. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

I thought I was going crazy at first by my ms sticker on the 360 is just a regular sticker. Just to make sure I helped my friend mod his 360 last night and when I peeled the sticker off on his it left the 0 marks, buy mine doesn't. Has anyone else heard of this?

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i have heard of ways to take the sticker off without leaving a mark. i think it was use a blowdryer or something. but ya mine didnt come off that great. there were parts of the sticker still on

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, i think that is how my friend did mine. A hairdryer and a razor blade. Got it off without any damage to he sticker. They you just stick it onto a good piece of wax paper so you can re-apply it if needed.

4. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

well that's wierd, I didn't do anything to it. I just pulled it off like any other sticker. It goes right back on. Wierd but cool, very cool :)

5. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Sure you did, I don't believe that one second. ^^

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

The way I took the sticker off was by applying personal lubricant on, and around the sticker, then you take a hairdryer and wait until all the lube is dried up, then it should peel of easily!

7. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

the adhesive on the back of my sticker wasnt very strong so a blow dryer got the sticker removed easily. The sticker still looks perfect after i put the 360 back together...so much for voiding the warranty. Besides, i replaced a 360 at bestbuy a while back because it was scratching disc and they didnt look under the faceplate to see if the sticker was on or not.

8. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

most of your typical retail stores won't check for that. At most, they usually check to make sure they S/N's match up.

9. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Whether you believe him or not I do, as I almost did the same thing on mine and I wasn't even trying to take it off carefully so it is possible.

10. guido28

guido28 Member

Acgtually it is a security sticker that leaves parts of the sticker on the unit when removed. If you dont want to heat up the 360, all you need is a metallic marker(silver), you know the ones that you shake up and you hear the metal ball inside, once you remove the sticker use the marker to cover up the spots that became clear let it dry and stick back onto console. Worked for me and bring it to a large outlet to return it like Wal-Mart, all they do is check mac-id and serial numbers.