1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My MultiGame Disc Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by SOAPboy, Jan 28, 2005.

1. SOAPboy

SOAPboy Member

The how too...

Tools Needed

CPXMENUX.. can be found here (http://s88080780.onlinehome.us/cpxmenux.rar)
    Stomp Record NOW max http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax/index.phtml?stp
    DVD burner

Now... First extract that rar into a folder called CPXMENUX... it dont matter WHERE you put it, just so long as it has its own folder..

Next install Stomp..

navigate to your ISO folder and add your games..
    now they MUST be raw files, no ISOs here guys.. if you dont know how to get the raw files, grab a iso tool and extract the files into a folder with the name of the game it is.. once thats done and you add your games, it should look like this..

NOTE::: DO NOT USE SPACES IN FOLDER NAMES

[​IMG]

now grab some screenshots.. anywhere on the web it dont matter.. next open them with photoshop and save them as PNG files.. they HAVE to be png..
    navigate to your SSHOT folder which is under the MENUX folder.. add your PNG files and itll look like this

NOTE: DO NOT USE SPACES IN IMAGE NAMES
    [​IMG]

Next, your menu music..
    theres a folder called MEDIA which is also in the MENUX folder.. theres a file called AMBIENT.WMA which you can change to whatever song you want.. but it HAS to be a WMA file and has to be named AMBIENT.WMA..

[​IMG]

now.. to edit your CONFIG file..
    In the cpxmenux folder theres a file called CONFIG.TXT, open that..

theres 4 lines there, for each game you need to copy and paste another set of lines..

TITLE=
    INFO=
    GFX=
    DIR=

Title is the name of the game obviously
    Info is any added info yuo would like to add
    GFX is the screenshot.. which is the name of the file you put in the media sshot folder.. it MUST have the .png on the end
    DIR is the name of the folder the game is in.. no long names needed just the simple name.. once done itll look like this.. DONT FORGET TO SAVE

[​IMG]

Now run the MenuX-xdi.bat file in the main folder..

your now done making the folders ready..

now open STOMP..

close the wizard and start a NEW data disc.. Choose your DVD drive on the left..

now, add the contents of the ISO folder to the new disc..

[​IMG]

now, you see that OPTIONS button PUSH IT..

set the DVD settings like shown in this IMAGE

[​IMG]

NOTE: only concern yourself with the DVD settings.. the CD settings do not effect this burn..

Now Click the little red circle button to start the burn.. and once it burns, your done..

simple eh

***Disclamer***
    I am not responsiple if you burn 1000s of coasters, this process works perfectly for me and i have not burnt 1 coaster unless i screwed something up..
    The link to the cpxmenux is totally legit as its freeware.. the link to the STOMP software is to their main webpage and i WILL NOT provide this software for anyone.. its available on the edonkey networks as well as other P2P networks..

Also, theres a typo in GOLF, i spelled it GOLD in there somewhere.. and i burnt a partial coaster, mind you the disc worked, but golf didnt.. :wink:

tripple check those names

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  2. SOAPboy

SOAPboy Member

Wow.. dropped to page 5.. nobody must care

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Nice Tutuorial!
    Thanks for going into such detail!

I've found that Craxtion has a nice multidisc option to it also.