1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Name is Earl S2 D4 Problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by catfreak, Sep 28, 2007.

1. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I'm having problems backing up My Name is Earl season 2, disc 4. I successfully backed up discs 1, 2 & 3 using AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 and Nero Recode2.

With disc 4 when I try using Recode2 & AnyDVD, I noticed that after about 67% there is nothing but black screen. I've tried deleting and using a black picture with the unreferenced material. When I get done analyzing the program stops and I get the message "Recode.exe - Application error. The instruction at "0x9c911e58" referenced memory at "0x00000001" The memory could not be read." If I don't delete the unreferenced material, it still stops.

I then tried ripping to my hard drive using DVDFabDecrypter 3200. It rips just fine to my hard drive but I can't open it with DVDShrink to shrink the image to fit a DVD-5 disc. I then used FixVTS1.603 and tried to process with DVDShrink. It opened the file but very quickly gave me the following error message: "Shrink system encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file. Invalid access to memory location.

Then I tried to process and burn the image using ICopyDVD2. Again I got an error message "dwwin.exe - Application error. The exception breakpoint. A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x7c90123.

I'm at a loss. I really need to backup this disc as my granddaughters love Earl and I don't want them to 'hammer' my original.

Help!

Victor

Update:
    With ImgBurn & AnyDVD, I ripped the disc to my hard drive. I then burned the resulting .iso file to a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc. Worked just fine.

The question still remains; Why couldn't I process the image so that I could burn it to a DVD-5 disc?? I really would like to figure this one out . . .

Victor

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Victor

will clonedvd 2 transcode it? or try using the anydvd ripper