1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My nero 6 will not burn a image on to a dvd cd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by johnlu, Feb 28, 2005.

1. johnlu

johnlu Member

I am using the lates version of nero6 along with shrink.I have used shrink to back up my dvd onto my Hdd but nero will not burn it onto a dvd disk as a image or a iso I have also tried vob file format and still no luck. I have tried buying serval brands of dvd disk but no lucks so for running win xp pro amd 2700 + 512 ddr 2700

2. liamsl

liamsl Member

nero 6.3.03 feb 04 ultra edition should help you out it will burn images (iso) cue and bin files ( if you have the right cue sheet) mixed mode discs, vcd, svcd,dvd video, udf/iso comps and udf comps
    if your using dvd shrink try 3.2 or 3.17 as i have no problems with it.
    if nero is installed you can enable or disable burning with nero in dvd shrink look under preferences and check the file/ oi tab there's a selection there to enable/disable burning with nero
    another thing i can suggest is that your burner may only be compatible with dvd+r discs these as im led to believe are designed for data compilations whereas dvd-r discs are designed for movies and digital media
    try Base dvd-r discs you can pick em up from target for about $68.00 for 50 and they are 8x....... make sure your burner supports 8x burning though you may need to update your firmware

feel free to email me regarding this matter at any time

best of luck
    evereadybattery@hotmail.com

3. johnlu

johnlu Member

Thanks i am a pc tech for over 12 years, i learn somthing new everyday I was surprise to know that the - format is for movies i always taught the + format was for movies. As for as burner the liteon 411s at 8x that's the burner i was using i recent lost my read laser and upgraded to micro advantage burner 16x Dual lawyer buner reads - & +.
    On a standar dvd player i guess will not read iso,vcd format and i judt cant seem to get nero to burn vob format. Xcopy i baught for $140 is now usless when you do the online update it will not back up you movies anymore.Thanks for the info i will try let you know.

4. liamsl

liamsl Member

no probs lite on burners tend to be picky with the discs you use in them alot only support +R dvds try a samsung dual layer 16x or a lg HL DT ST 40160b dual layer super multi rewritable. are you using dvd shrink to remove css and region codes?? personally authored dvds compiled from home video may be in either pal or ntsc format check your dvd player and tv manual to find which formats are compatible for you as the wrong one will either crash, jump and skip, freeze, not play or "loose time" as the frame rates are different for each format
    if you have a divx avi compatible dvd player you can alternitavely backup your movies by re encoding them as divx avi files and burn them under the UDF structure in nero burning rom 6 alas i do not think they are available in australia yet but heres hoping

5. johnlu

johnlu Member

Thanks, i will pick up that samsun burner today, will let you know how it turns out. Check this out this may save some head akes i am not sure i browes into it yesterday andr.net let me know talk to you later.

6. liamsl

liamsl Member

no worries best of luck remember to use nero 6 and dvd shrink 3.17 or better to encode original dvd movies and to author your own dvd video i would have to reccomend Intervideo win dvd creator 2 it converts almost any format and has dolby digital sound output options as well just remember that a encoder or ripping program may noy encode everything there is out there check the video preview box ( if you have one ) and ensure that the preview image is not upside down which is what tends to happen with divx avi files if you do not have the right codec
    ciao for now happy burning talk to you soon

7. johnlu

johnlu Member

The sam-sung work great along with nerro burn as a image. However will not burn as a vob file format but that site i had browes into had some wonderful output i was able to get info for x copy. Had to reinstal it but it works. The ps2 modle #30001r reads vob File do you know of any other such as iso or mov.I am now also using the -r & rw for Movies to see how that works talk with you later.

8. liamsl

liamsl Member

no worries are you downloading movies off the net???? if your burning avi files to dvd try a UDF compilation in nero 6 some dvd players may play them but beware the iso file extentsion if its bigger than 1GB( mode 1) or 2GB (mode 2) u will have to re author the movie to be in either MPEG 1 or 2 or VOB/IFO format. note that some movies backed up as IFO files will fail the compliance test in nero when burning under the dvd video structure more often than not due to my killer curiosity this doesnt always mean that it will not play, although if you feel like you cant waste another disc try a different program that burns dvd videos to burn a compliance test failed VOB or IFO file i hope this makes some sense to you