1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My NEW Memory Stick just broke..

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by fable91, Sep 29, 2007.

1. fable91

fable91 Member

Hey guys.
    I bought a Sony 2gb High Speed Memory Stick Pro Duo off eBay(AU) from a seller named javiersisu. Since it was off eBay and shipped fron China when the seller advertised Australia, I'm pretty sure it's fake.

However, I heard most eBay memory stick'sare fake, but working.
    Now mine was working and a friend had used it to upgrade my PSP, and gave me some games over it. I stuck it in my MS/MS PRO port on my desktop computer (which i havent ever used in years) and transferred files to and from it.

I took it out and stuck it in my PSP, which says 'There is no Memory Stick inserted.' I tried putting it back on my PC port, but the comp doesn't recognise that there is anything there anymore..

Is it broken for sure? What do I do?

Thanks

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

it's a crap stick, try contacting the seller or notifying ebay of fraud or some crap, bad review for seller if he doesn't rectify it, or you might just eat your loss on that, kind of hard to deteremine what will happen, try contacting the seller first, and informing him the stick was bad.

3. fable91

fable91 Member

So it's a crap stick even though It was working until I pulled it out?

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

more then likely, crap sticks generally lack quality, which causes them to malfunction and 'breakdown'

5. wolfcav92

wolfcav92 Regular member

do i basicly have the same prob i just bought my 2gb ms from game crazy a local game store i used it 1 time to transfer a couple of files then when i tried to use it again later through the usb connection it would'nt connect at all no matter what i tried it says it is a sandisk ms pro duo card

6. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

I would go back to game crazy and see what their policy on hardware is, they should replace it or issue store credit, etc.

7. wolfcav92

wolfcav92 Regular member

i think all i had to do was restart the comp cuz i got ticked with it shut comp off and tried the next day and now it is accessing through the psp now hmm go fig huh i don't know what happen so far far it is still working
    thanks alot though