1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my new pc vs next gen counsoles?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by wheelstb, Jun 10, 2007.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

i just built an new pc for around 1200 bucks and i have played just a few game on it so. i have been a little dissapointed with my machines graphics. What i realy want to know is how will my pc stack up preformance wise especally as griphicly againist the nextgen game consoles?

here what ive played on my pc.
    need for speed most wanted
    madden 07
    nba live 07
    flight simulator x

heres whats in my pc.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

Intel BOXD975XBX2KR LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

2 250gb seagate hard drives

2 gb of ram

GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

thanks

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

that is a beautiful machine you built and i must say that the only reason why ur dissapointed is either a)you've gone to the future and seen even better graphics or b)you havent maxed out the graphic quality in the options menu which would make the graphics BETTER than next get consoles

3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

i do max the visual options in the games maybe its just the games i am olayng. but ishould be able to get better graphics then say a 360?

this is realy my fist time withe pc games so thanks a lot.

4. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

Well, the games that are out right now for PC don't push the envelope in terms of graphical prowess. Wait until Bioshock comes out in August,and buy it for PC. You should be able to see better graphics on that than in the 360 version.

Also if you haven't played it already, try out TES: Oblivion on PC. There are more options to up the graphics, and thus, make it look better than its console brethren.

Out of curiosity, what type of monitor are you playing on? If you have a really nice monitor, the maxed out resolution will also look nicer... Catch my drift?

--Moomoo2

5. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

my monitor is lcd samsung 941bw it seems to me to have an awesome picture.

a little off subject but does anyone know of an air combat game with nice graphics?

6. wetsparks

wetsparks Regular member

Or Hellgate London, that will blow out any game on the market on any system when it comes out. And wheelstb, your computer will make that game look amazing.