1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My old non-mod v4 PS2 wont play original PSX games. WHY???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TheReturn, Mar 13, 2007.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I have non mod version 4 ps2. I have original PSX games. For some reasons, I can't play original psx games in my original PS2. Can someone tell me why? What did I do wrong?

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

if it gives you disc read error then that means your ps2 cant read blue backed cds.ps2 lasers shouldnt really be exposed to anything else but ps2 silver backed games.using music cds,dvd movies,and ps1 games tends to wear out the laser even quicker.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Thank for those info.
    So how do you play PSX games on PS2 properly?

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok another quetions. I'm ordering the Swap Magic and Network adapter. What do I need in order to copy to HDD and to play games from HDD?

Please let me know which files I need to download and instruction to use them.

Thank in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2007
  5. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

the hard drive must be an IDE HD which i have know idea what it means.its a type i guess.hd advanced is the program to load them i think.and there is no proper way of playing them because they are blue on the bottom and they ruin the laser.the only way is thru HD which doesn't require for the laser to be used.as for putting games on the hd i have no idea.hope this helped.peace.