1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My panasonic dmr-e85h stopped recognizing blank discs!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by loopylew, Sep 30, 2007.

1. loopylew

loopylew Member

I've had my dmr-e85h for about 2 1/2 years with no problems. But a few weeks ago it started not recognizing blank discs.I figured it was time to start emptying the hard drive before all was lost but the problem continues to get worse . Ibought some panasonis ram discs and now the machine won't even rocognize those. It will not format them and lists them as being copy protected. My hardrive seems to work fine but i have no way of transferring data off of it and safely on to discs. Please help.

2. Coyote24

Coyote24 Member

I have the same unit and subscribe to the following thread about the E85H:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/64/143317

I don't believe I have seen this problem with the E85H posted in that thread, but there are a lot of people with vast experience with this machine in that thread who can point you in the right direction. User "REPAIRMAN" who repairs Panasonic units in the UK comes to mind. Even though your problem is off-topic to the original thread for the E85H (U99 and never-ending "please wait" messages), there are plenty of off-topic discussions about which media this unit likes best, etc. Try re-posting there. I hope this helps!