1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Pc keeps crashing,and just rebooted the hard drive with windows xp,help plz

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mc22hc, Jan 27, 2007.

1. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

Hi,my pc keeps crashing,i just formated the hard drive and finished installing windows xp with no problem and it came with the pc the booting disk and now when im using the internet it freezes everything on my pc is legal,i have mcafee security suite,and thats it really at the moment because i havent been able to install the other stuff because everytime i try and use something it crashes on me!Please help

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Ok....this is the third thread regarding McAfee causing problems...so don't feel bad.

Completely uninstall McAfee, and use a program like RegSeeker or CCleaner to completely clean the registry.

3. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

It just crashed again after had uninstalled it and restarted the pc,its bothering me now hats this hasnt ever happened to me before.

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

So, that probably means it's not Mcafee.
    Some questions come to mind :
    1)is this a new pc ?
    2)what kind of harddrive is it ? *PATA(IDE), SATA, SATA II*
    3)have you installed all possible needed drivers ?

5. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

Its all good now,i used regseeker and everything is much faster meaning the internet which i am using wirlessly on a 8mb connection

6. bkf

bkf Guest

Morph and Fiend: Just so you know im not on drugs read a little here about mcafee.
    http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewforum.php?f=99&sid=071f946dbe94a680969f01110d1b74bf

And the Remove program is not enough. Mcafee is very invasive. That reg cleaner saved this guys bacon. Mcafee 10 also has a nasty habit of running for a short time then messing things up again. 1000's of posts over the same problems and this thing came out in August and it's still broken.

7. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

@bkf

Dear lord...we'd all turn to dust reading up on McAfee's demise at getting their code right!!

Last report from Maximum PC on AV software tests gave McAfee the lowest rating for AV apps ever given by them.

That's why I always suggest using a great registry cleaner to mop up after ANY uninstall of a product. You can even use RegSeeker to find specific keys related to a product by using the Search function. That program has saved a lot of people's bacon...particularly when it comes to removing trojan viruses. Always nice to remove registry entries so apps don't have a chance to launch at startup.