1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My pc keeps turning off

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by adekunle, Aug 8, 2007.

1. adekunle

adekunle Member

I have a windows xp service pack 1 and I cant login, every time I try login it takes my back to the login screen What happened at first was I was using avg antivirus and it had a virus in it so after I used it this started happening. I can still access safe mode but there another problem, MY COMPUTER TURNS OFF EVERY 10 MINUTES. I ont know what to do I tried to recovery but they dont work and everything else wont work because my computer keeps tuning off I have a psp that I can use as a flash disk so if anyone can direct me to any type of software I can transfer them to my crippled computer easily
    Thanx,
    Adekunle

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

try doing a swstem restore to the day you started having problems, also some systems don't like service packs, mt system don't like sp1 so i don't have it and my system works great

3. adekunle

adekunle Member

I tryed system restore but it doesnt work i dunno wat to do?

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you might have a over heating problem, open up the side of your system and blow or vacumme out the dust by your heatsync, also make sure that your fan is working

5. adekunle

adekunle Member

the fan is workin and I blew out the he dust and nothing haPPENED