1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PC Win 7 HDD totally failed so bought a new 1tb HDD to replace

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jagman55, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagman55

jagman55 Member

My PC {HP Pavilion 440) HDD totally failed so bought a new 1tb HDD to replace. But all my OS reload disk/flash/CD/DVD/etc are supposedly RECOVERY disk and assume what I need is an INSTALLATION disk with ability to, create BOOT partition, and load my OS (Win 7 64bit Home Premium).

Anyone experienced this issue before?

All I have is RECOVERY DISK HP gives out and some Win 7 OS re-builds from Microsoft and the Net.
    I assume they do not work as it thinks the BOOT is already there.

Is there software that does this or is this a long manual process?

I think it would be nice to have some HDD to swap out for cloning/image/etc to backup my OS HDD in case it happens again.

Thanks

2. aldan

aldan Active member

there should have been a recovery partition on your old hdd,so no luck there.you will likely have to contact hp and purchase recovery disk(s).

3. jagman55

jagman55 Member

Thx but will not do. Mine is past warranty, I renewed twice and after it got so old, they did not want to renew then as they may had to actually replace parts. So scr$w them as they charge an "arm and Leg" now.
    I was hoping to find someone that was experienced that did things on their own without going thru the vendor as it was this form that convinced to stop using their BLOATWARE. So why go back to HP's BLOATWARE now? It does run better without it.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

well,you could purchase the os of your choice,install it,find and install drivers,and you would be up and running.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.