1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my pc wont bootup windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kratos692, Oct 21, 2012.

1. kratos692

kratos692 Member

I bought a used htpc and it has ubuntu and not familiar with that so im trying to load windows but my pc wont bootup, The other day im trying to p-lay with F1 and F2 maybe I did something wrong and change the setup but Im not a computer savy thats why I need your help on how to bootup my pc its htpc intel 2core duo with 4g ram...btw at the screen when I turn on the pc its blank with a blinking light on left side..

2. aldan

aldan Active member

can you get into your bios or boot menu?you have to change the boot order to boot from cd or dvd.if you were in the bios and think you may have changed something you shouldnt have you can reset to default or optimized settings,depending on what they call it.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  3. kratos692

kratos692 Member

can you tell me step by step on how to get there..im not good at computer...

4. aldan

aldan Active member

what is the make and model of your pc?

5. kratos692

kratos692 Member

its an htpc..zalman is the box intel core duo 4g ram,asus is the board, thats all i remember( im at work)..

6. aldan

aldan Active member

on startup,hold down the delete key for bios.you will find your boot menu there.if that doesnt work try f8.once you find the boot menu select cd or dvd to boot from first.make sure you have your windows 7 dvd in your drive.when windows starts it should show an option to install win7.do a fresh install,not an upgrade.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

model# of the board will be printed on the board not on the chips. might say asus p4mv800 or something like that. need that model# so can tell you how to change the boot order so can boot off your win7 dvd disk.

8. kratos692

kratos692 Member

I will try one i get home and report what happen ,thanks