1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Pioneer dvr-105 won't burn faster than x1 speed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Lyntaff, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Lyntaff

Lyntaff Member

My Pioneer dvr-105 supposed to burn up to x4 speed. Everytime I go to start a copy using Nero, it only gives me an option of x1. Could it be something with my media or writer. Can anybody help?

2. mnmeater

mnmeater Member

Check your blank DVD-r's, what speed are they?

3. Lyntaff

Lyntaff Member

They don't say, it must be the media cheers anyway

4. Mulox

Mulox Member

It is the media (esp. if it's generic, which it appears to be). I also have a DVR-105 and have had a hard time finding 4X media (that is also certified to be compabitable). 4x media is supposed to become more readily available in the next several months, but I have resorted to usiing 2x media (for cost and compatibility reasons).

5. TeeGee

TeeGee Guest

If you are in the UK Bigpockets.co.uk have compatible 4x media at £1.49 each!!

Have used Bigpockets before and they are reliable

6. sy2k

sy2k Guest

Its quite simple eject the dvd whats in your drive before the screen letting you choose burning speed comes up and you will see all 3 options. Then put your dvdr in when it asks:)

Hope it does the trick

Sy

7. sy2k

sy2k Guest

Its quite simple eject the dvd whats in your drive before the screen letting you choose burning speed comes up and you will see all 3 options. Then put your dvdr in when it asks:)

Hope it does the trick

Sy

8. pmg68

pmg68 Guest

My 105 also burns at 1x speed. I am using Datawrite 4x disks, and get the option of burning at 4x with Nero, but it takes just as long as when I burn at 1x. It burns at 1x using Prassi too.

I have firmware 1.21 installed and am running XP pro

9. reddragon

reddragon Member

yeh it will be the media, Nero is smart enough to know how fast the DVD-Rs can be written on at.

personally i use the Datawrite disks, i've been getting 1x and 2x disks so far because they are both affordable.

i got my Pioneer 105 back in November and 4x media just wasn't around then. the first disks i saw were £3.50!! now you can get official Pioneer 4x media (about £2.50 in jewel cases i think) and also Datawrite 4x media (which i'd recommend any day) for about £1.50.

i think the best site for media is www.121cdr.co.uk (well, at least if you're in the UK)

10. Lyntaff

Lyntaff Member

Your right lads they were x1 speed disks. I bought X4 datawright disks in the week and they are the business!

Cheers