1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Pioneer DVR-108 wont detect DVD+R DL discs

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by NO1UNO_AK, Dec 21, 2004.

1. NO1UNO_AK

NO1UNO_AK Member

Need Help! just got my pioneer DVR-108 dual burner, and also got some verbatim DVD+R DL discs. which extrememhz.com reviewed exensivley using the same media. Anyways, no matter what App I try, Roxio, Nero, DVD Decryptor, DVD Shrink, even windows explorer, they all say "No Disc In The Recorder" I also have the newest Firmware update installed (1.18) If anyone knows the solution to this problem, PLEASE Reply.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I would remove your E-mail from your post if I were you, it is against forum rules, I'm surprised this has not been picked up by the mods yet. It helps prevent you from being spammed by jackoff companies. Have you tried to format the disc with nero. Does it recognise movie discs?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Not only that, if you get a response & it fixes the problem it can help other people in the same predicament!

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Roxio bites by the way. I would uninstall it if I were you!

5. NO1UNO_AK

NO1UNO_AK Member

No I have not tried formatting the DVD+R DL, I was not aware that you have to do that. I just removed Roxio & all burning apps from my comp,and deleted all registry entries for each. Im gonna go put Nero in now and try formatting it like you suggest, but I dont see how it's going to, if it doesn't detect a disc in the drive.

6. NO1UNO_AK

NO1UNO_AK Member

Just as I thought, It cant do nothing, because it still doesnt recognize the disc. This is starting to get irritating, I called pioneer once and all he said to do was uninstall all my burning apps, and put nero in.. which i just tried, still no luck. NEED HELP!