1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Poor PS2 is busted. Please help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MegaX50, May 27, 2007.

1. MegaX50

MegaX50 Member

So yeah. Yesterday, while doing my regular maitenance on my ps2 (took it apart, dusted everything, polished the laser eye) when i was putting it back together, the ribbon wire for the controller port decides it doesnt wanna stay in anymore, then the power button wire decides the same thing. the power button i managed to reattach fine, But the controller port seems to need an adhesive to fix. i got it fixed one time with some hot glue, buuut i cant get that to be even just because of the means im using to apply the glue. and now my entire disc tray is disconnected from my many attempts to get he metal plates off the chip board (so i can repair the first problem) only the top plate wants to come off. So yeah, my disc tray is disconnected, my controller port is disconnected, all wires are intact, and i need help

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

If I were you dont open you're ps2 anymore. But if you cant get it fixed you can buy used fat ones at gamestop for 89.99 or you could try fixing it try this site

3. MegaX50

MegaX50 Member

Well i was planning on getting a refurbished one anyways, but this was my baby. only reason i opened it up was to give it an occasional thorough dusting. cuz lets face it, just using a can of air to blow around the dust from the fan vent so it settls later aint gonna help dink.