1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2 cdrom drive won't spin and tray won't open

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joonsim, Mar 28, 2004.

1. joonsim

joonsim Member

I installed a Magic V on my PS2 V10 and I was able to play any ps2 back ups and original titles. I had no problem for about 2 days. But last night, I was playing a game and I had to go out so I just left my ps2 power on. I think it was for about 5 hours. I came back home and I continued to play the game that I was playing, but couple of minutes later, the game was freezed, so I turn my ps2 off and turned it back on. Now my ps2 started to not read any cds. I opened my ps2 and checked cd-rom drive and the drive was not even spinning.

Is there anyone knows what the problem is? Did I do something wrong with the mod chip installation or is it just my ps2 cdrom defective?

2. hunter929

hunter929 Member

might of overheated something, theres a lot of extra wires in there after mod chip install

3. bruce_50

bruce_50 Guest

Bad ship installation in my opinion...

4. Freakman

Freakman Member

if i was you, id open up that ps2 and take a look around and see if any wires or ribbons gotten fried from overheating, and hopefully, no insulation came off and short circuited, but if it did short im sure the whole ps2 would be messed up