1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2 doesn't read my discs like it used to?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by wargamer, Feb 4, 2005.

1. wargamer

wargamer Guest

I am not sure why?, but I have noticed with my PS2 lately, when i play a game, even original discs the laser seems to be offtrack? when reading, would it be out of sync or somthin??. Could it be tha laser?,
    I use Swapmagic 2.0 to play backups. The SM Cd version doesn't work well, and i'm woried if i do use it cause it makes a clicking back and forth sound a bit?!. Would there be any chance of damaging the laser by using the SM CD?.

Is it Media?, I have used 2 different types of DVD media for my games, most are on TDK Dvd+R burned at 2x, and the rest of my games are on Ritek G04 DVD-R's. And i really can notice the difference!. With the Ritek's it reads them alot quiter and less sound missing. But the games i have on TDK DVD+R's some times sound skips alot, especcially with Jak3? hey does anyone know how to backup Jak3 without sound loss?.

Cheers.

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

mine copy of jak3 works fine , but i thought i saw a patch from dvdrick....Another thing u could do is rebuild the iso