1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2 has fallen and it can't get up....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jazzflo1, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Jazzflo1

Jazzflo1 Member

My PS2 (MODEL 50001/N) took a fall from a good enough height by an over-enthusiastic gamer, and now I get the dreaded DRE and can't load any games. I tried to use some of the techniques I read about on other sites that reccomended adjusting the little white dial behind the laser, but my model has two adjustment knobs for the laser. made adjustments still doesn't work. short of sending it back to Sony, (it's past the warranty time, of course)what else can I do? Help!

2. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

Bleh aside from taking it apart and checking to see if anything is loose or damaged... I have no idea. Your best bet is to have your "enthusiastic gamer"(friend, I hope) buy you a new one, or pay for the repairs of your current one...

3. Jazzflo1

Jazzflo1 Member

Thanks, I found a local repair place, game-doctor.com, and will sending it there instead of SONY. 65 bucks for parts and labor,+ $14.00 for return delivery.
    as for my "over-enthusiastic" friend, well, with friends like that, who needs friends? luckily, he's got cash....