1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my ps2 is making a weird noise

Discussion in 'PS2' started by molestio, Jun 15, 2004.

1. molestio

molestio Member

My ps2 makes a whirling and growling sound when i put in some games. It then freezes up. This only happens when it is loading, and it only happens with certain games [none of which are scratched or dirty, and all of which are, oddly enough, EA sports games].

2. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Some of your games might require the CD LOADER to boot or your PS2 laser needs some cleaning. I would try CD LOADER first on those games that this problem occurs. If nothing then get some rubbing alchohol and disect your PS2 to clean your laser.

3. mistatnn

mistatnn Guest

i think im having the same problem...it will make this noise while the disc is spinning and it wont load the disc. its only happening with my cd backup's...my dvd backups work good. where can i get this cd loader from?

4. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

5. account

account Guest

he never said he uses the swap magic discs or if it was a backup. it might be an original on a non modded console you never know. so until he replies we will know how to fix it (possibly)

also go to richspsxparts.com and ask on the message board they know how to fix anything

6. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

MY CAUSIN HAD THIS ISSUE. TO FIX IT WHAT HE DID WAS OPEN UP THE PS2 AND FIX THE LASER BECAUSE IT WAS HAVING TROUBLE MOVING AS IT DOES ON A CD PLAYER. THE SCREWS ARE LOCATED UNDER THE PS2 UNDER THOSE RUBBER LITTLE SQUARES JUST TAKE THEM OFF WITH YOUR NAILS OR SOMETHING. AND ONE MORE THING, BE AWARE THAT WHEN U TAKE IT APART THE TOP AND BOTTOM PART OF THE PS2 ARE CONNECTED BY A SORT OF WIRE LIKE THAE ONE IN A PRINTER SO IF YOU ACCIDENTLY PULL THE TOP PART AND IT BRAKES YOU ARE SCREWED.

7. molestio

molestio Member

I am indeed using original discs on an unmodified console. Thanks for the help, I think i can take it from here.

8. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

These problems either require you to clean your laser or adjust the angle by turning the white cog.
    Also in response to mistatnn it looks like the cd part of your laser has gone, this doesnt really matter if you arnt playing audio cds because all new games are on dvd and only a few old games are on cd anyway.

9. tooshort4

tooshort4 Guest

hey yall. my ps2 started to make a weird noise yesterday while i was trying to play a game. then it decided to not load the game. its to the point that all it does it make a weird sound and the games will not load at all. everything is original and nothing has been copied. any ideas?

10. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

read wat i had written above