1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2 is SPARKING!?!?!?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dcman820, Feb 27, 2005.

1. dcman820

dcman820 Guest

I have a SCPH-50001 PS2, and noticed about mid January that my PS2 sparked. This occured when out of the corner of my eye (while I was playing in the dark), I noticed that while the PS2 was loading something off a game (disc), it would spark after the lens made a pass read on the lens. It doesn't occur every time, but it happens every once in a while, and maybe more (since it happens inside the PS2, it was just by luck that I caught it sparking).

The sparking only occurs right beneath the right side of the 2nd controller port, up in front of the inside of the PS2. Right above the little vent slitswhere it can be seen. Its bright enough that it can be seen in a brightly lit room.

It could of have happened before, but I didn't. This all has started to happen after the Ps2 started to make noises a week before the PS2's first full year of use.

The PS2 is working fine, but gets a little of slugish after a good long 2 hr play. I new at this type of stuff, and I'm afraid somethings wrong!

PLEASE help!!!

2. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

ok dude that isnt a spark <that is the light used for the harddrive loading> BUT it somtimes blinks even if you dont have a harddrive <mine did> its a orange light its normal

3. dcman820

dcman820 Guest

Thanks alot!

Im getting a hard drive tonight, so no more worries!

4. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

you getting ffxi? or just a hdd for hdloader?