1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my ps2 not working with games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by beetree, Jul 18, 2007.

1. beetree

beetree Member

my ps2 stopped working after i finished a game. the credits were rolling
    and I wonted to start the next difficulty so I restarted the ps2, but all that came up was a blank screen so I tried to restart after a sec but it would not restart so I opened the cover and tried a different game that had a blue back, and that worked fine so I tried the first game and still no game starting. then I tried a compel of other game that had a non-blue back and they all did the same thing. the sp2 is a
    non-mod 1slim. PLEASE HELP!!!

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Your laser has probably gone, or it could be weak, does the laser still light up red when trying to read a silver coloured disk, or a dvd?

3. beetree

beetree Member

I don't know how to do that. do you just start it up with the lid open?

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

At the front of the ps2 disk tray, there is a hole with a sensor switch inside it, when the lid is closed, this gets pushed down, the ps2 then knows the lid is closed, so the disk starts to spin and the laser starts to read the disk, what you need to do is stuff a little tissue in there to keep the switch down, then close the lid at around a 70-80 degree angle imagining it was opening all the way at a 90 degree angle, and have a peek inside to see if the laser lights , it will give you enough space to see if the laser flashes for a second without a disk in the ps2.

5. beetree

beetree Member

no it does not flash. all it does is act like there no dick in it at all. it just goes straight to the ps2 menu screen. even the one dick that worked before ,the compact disk vs dvd. it yoused to spin the disk around as if it was tiring to read it. now it just sits there and said that there is no dick in there at all.

6. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You may have a blown laser or fuse. If the laser is not lighting up, then it probably needs to be replaced.