1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2 phisicaly destroyed 3 back up copies DVD+R. Need help.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Travar, May 14, 2007.

1. Travar

Travar Member

I need some help here.
    Recently my PS2 made an indentation od bottom of DVD+R back up copy of three games. The dvds now freeze on loading every time.
    I know for sure that disks didn't have any physical damage before i put them in PS2.
    The indentation is very small, but clearly visible against the light. There is also a darker spot under the protective layer of disk on the spot of indentation.
    I used Philips DVD+R disks to burn the back up copies. I use latest firmware, defragmented disk, i turn off the internet and all programs while burning...
    I need help. Is it my PS2 or is this the fault of mexican produced Philips dvds?
    Has anybody had same problems?
    Please help me.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Drives won't physically damage discs unless there is some loose or out of place in them...have you inspected the drive to make sure everything appears to be OK?

3. DvdZombie

DvdZombie Member

Your disc tray may need to be adjusted. Also check if the tray is loose?

4. Travar

Travar Member

I would like to tell you I don't have the problem any more. There were no loose parts in it.

My PS 2 made the phisical damaged spot indentation (visible with eye and touch) on all 10 of the Philips DVD+R I used after 15 minutes of usage.

Since I use quality Verbatim media I don't have the problem (Not even after hours of play).

So it was most probably the Philips DVDs.

But it is interesting to know that bad media can suffers from phisical damage (probably from laser?).