1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2...She is aglowing!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Lammo, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Lammo

Lammo Member

Hi

I have just fitted a 160gb HD in the PS2 & I am currently loading games on it but I am not sure whether I have a problem!

When I am loading games on I am getting a strange orange glow, visible through the vent undeneath the memory cards/joypad ports. I know this is where the power board is & as I have a slightly earlier version on my desk at the moment (for fixing) there appears to be no lamp which could cause the glow.

Should I be concerned or very concerned?

Cheers

Lammo

2. Seufari

Seufari Member

Mine does the exact same thing.
    I've had if for about 6 months now...
    I think its normal
    I hope its normal

3. lib

lib Guest

Its most likley a small LED..

4. t0nyj0nes

t0nyj0nes Guest

This has been happening to me, ever since I got my network adapter months ago, aswell.

-Tony

5. Lammo

Lammo Member

Thanks Gents, I was waiting for the big bang!!

I dont know about any of you, but it seems odd where some of my back-ups load on fine & others are rejected saying it is not a PS2 disc & then when I reboot the machine they go on (most anyway!).....very odd.

respect

Lammo

6. chuckfoo

chuckfoo Member

That little light is from the harddrive, i know cause i once made a external harddrive.

7. Socom987

Socom987 Guest

my Ps2 also dose that so I think it is normal but i dont think the light is from the HDD though.

8. yankfan84

yankfan84 Member

it's the hard drive LED.. its normal.

9. radiomoon

radiomoon Guest

The faster it blinks, the hotter your ps2 gets so dont play too long... just kidding! its normal. i have it too. funny topic line!!

10. bucs2002

bucs2002 Member

i have to add that i too am seeing this light but i figured it was something along the lines of an internal LED or something.

lammo, i've seen that too but has anyone had issues with reading the discs? i ripped xmen legends to the hard drive sucessfully but when i changed discs and tried a different game, my ripping would go from like 1066/kbps and drop to like 355/kbps... :( the bummer is that when it drops to those speeds, it ALWAYS picks up roughly 16 read errors?? i would figure that it's my media but the game plays just fine in the PS2 itself. any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005