1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ps2 wont play my burned DVD.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mole55, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

i burned a DVD on my computer. it plays fine on my WinDVD player on my computer but when i put it in my ps2 it wont recognize it. (by the way the ps2 is the only dvd player i have besides the one one my comp which works fine) please help

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

What programs did you use for back-ups.
    What type of media did you use.

3. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

I used tmpgnc dvd author, and i used DVd+R media.

4. J_man

J_man Regular member

Try using Dvd Decryptor and dvd shrink they are free and work very well.

Here is SCUBAPETES guide for using these and the links.

a ScubaPete story guide to custom edit & backup your favorite DVD

Well Ok then, let’s just sit down and get comfy in front of the Big screen TV cause in just a minute or so the “Uncle ScubaPete Show” will be coming on the air –
    - CLICK –
    ”Brought to you this evening by AfterDawn, the “Fat chewing” champion’s location of choice - and under threats by a crazed spear waving maniac, we are forced to present Mr. Brain-Dead, direct from his extend stay at the Happy Hills Institute of the Mentally Disabled and Disturbed Souls, and here he’ll be until it’s been discovered that he’s escaped yet again from that fine facility - and here he is, live and unfortunately still disturbed, it’s Uncle ScubaPete - - - - “

Ooohhh Boy, Ooohhh Boy, am I excited ! I couldn't wait to see you !

And what’s so great it could get Old ScubaPete (the original couch potato) excited ?

FREE STUFF that’s what, the new FREE DVD Shrink version 3.2 AND DVD Decrypter !
    We now we can go from start to finish with just 2 programs (checkbook not necessary) and they are DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter -

Come on and get your FREE DVD Shrink, right here ~ ~>
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/

Now, over here in isle 5, get your FREE DVD Decrypter here ~ ~>
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

"How good is it ?" you ask ?It's so good that you might want to
    PRINT IT OUT NOW ! (Easier to follow, don't you know ? :)

NOW, IS EVERYBODY READY ???

GOOD -

First, you should create a folder for your DVD backup before hand. This is the place on your HD where DVD Shrink will work on your movie files and DVD Decrypter can pick them up there to burn'em to disc. Try to put it someplace where you won't forget it - i.e. C:\All DVD work\ Sleeping Beauty Kills Bill, needs Anger Management

Now open up DVD Decrypter - and under "Mode", select "ISO" then "Write" - under "Source" you may leave that blank as DVD Decrypter will find the location that DVD Shrink put your ISO image in all by itself. Select your "Destination" as your Burner - and make sure that the box that says "Verify" is un-ticked (This last one will cut down on false DVD Decrypter errors). Do that now. OK, feel free to close DVD Decrypter now because when DVD Shrink is finished it will open DVD Decrypter by itself.

Let’s go get one of your favorite DVD’s and make a copy of it so should something unforeseen happen, like a waterspout hit the Mojave Desert and claim the original you’ll have a backup of it.

Now you can place your original DVD in your DVD-ROM drive and a DVD blank in your burner's drive (If you have two drives). If you only have the one drive, put your original in that drive now. When the time comes for you to put in your blank in either the drive door will open OR a message will appear. As for your DVD media, PLEASE USE; TDK, Ritek G04, "Branded" RiData, Verbatim "DataLife", Verbatim DataLife "Plus", Phillips, Sony , media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO", Taiyo Yuden's and generally, almost any discs manufactured by Mitsubishi are excellent bets. Other media could cause unnecessary errors. Only the very best media should be used for DVD Video backups. Remember that RW discs will probably not play in older standalone players. But I suggest that you use your RW now until you get comfortable with the backup process. That way we won't be creating any "Coasters" during our trial period :) Now is defiantly not the time to put your, "Look how much money I saved on these." cheap stuff in.. Using quality media plays a major role in successful DVD burning. Certain "Name Brands" should not be trusted. If you're not sure, ask here before you buy.

Now, into DVD Shrink we go, let's "click" "Edit", then "click" "Preferences" on this page we're going to select "DVD Target Size" as "Custom" and set the size between "4300MB" to "4360". - We do this to make sure that we don't burn to the very edge of the disc. When using poorer quality disc we may have to go lower still as the dye toward the edge many times is uneven or absent. Then, under the "File I/O" tab "UN-tick" "Enable burning with Nero" then "click" "OK". Let's do that now !

Now let's burn a DVD, OK ? Kweel ! Alright then, let's open DVD Shrink and "click' "Open Disk". We'll have to wait anywhere from 30-seconds to a minute for DVD Shrink to analyze (rip) your DVD. If you wish, we can edit your movie now. To trim some unnecessary items from your movie, you can "un-tick" some extra audio you don't want like the foreign audio streams, i.e. Klingon, Solarian Cluster Mush OR Eastern Himalayan Yak language selections or the Director's comments (also known as Outer Mongolian). This will result in your DVD requiring less compression and therefore providing you with a better quality picture.
    If you would like, as I do, to get rid of all the extras and trailers thus compressing your movie as little as possible (giving you the very best quality picture), click "Re-author" then, under "Main Movie" select "Title 1" If there are additional choices, look at the time and select the title with the longest time as that is usually the main attraction. "Click" and drag the "Title 1" from the right-hand side of the screen to the left-hand side, under the "DVD Structure" (DVD) and release it there. Additional editing may be done by using the "Start" \ "Finish" controls to the right of the "DVD Compilation" heading on the left-hand side of the Re-author window. Bingo, Bango, you are done editing, giving you the least compression (best quality), backup possible. Now select "Backup" to get ready to finish.

NOTE:
    If you want a "Full backup", that's everything on the original disc on your backup. We need to be sure that the "Full Disc" icon is depressed. Don't try to cheer it up and don't worry, it likes being "depressed". There's no problem in doing a "Full backup" as long as we don't see any "Red" on the size bar at the top of your window. If you should see some "Red" on the size bar, simply "Un-tick" any foreign languages, i.e. Klingon, Solarian Mush-mouth, Director's comments or DTS sound boxes until the "Red" disappears. Actually you can "Un-tick" those things anyway, it'll lessen the compression on your backup. (a good thing :) With no "Red" visible on the size bar we just let the "Automatic" (Default) settings alone.

Since we are editing our DVD, DO NOT TOUCH THE "FULL DISC" BUTTON.
    Clicking the "Full Disc" button will erase our editing work and reset DVD Shrink to do a full backup.
    It's now time to select Backup". Take just a second and under "Target Device" go to "Select backup target " once there, select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter". Now, under "Quality Settings", if it's SPEED you're after, "un-tick" the box which says, "Perform deep analysis" and "un-tick" the box for "Compress the video with high quality adaptive error compensation". This will give you an acceptable DVD backup.
    If it's QUALITY you're after and have some extra time to spend, "tick" Perform deep analysis before backup to improve quality" AND "tick" "Compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation." There you may adjust quality enhancements. Practicing with the settings can produce even better end products. For a no-frills DVD's like "There's something about Mary" I like Extra Smooth BUT for DVD's with a lot of special effects, I use the Extra Sharp setting. That's for me, you'll have to decide what you like :) If all the boxes are "grayed out" that's OK, it means your DVD is small enough that little will be lost from the original. Good, now click "OK." Finally, where it says "Select target image file", browse till you find your created folder for your backup, C:\All DVD Work\Sleeping Beauty Kills Bill, needs Anger Management and click "Save". That's it ! Click "OK" and enjoy a peaceful cup of tea. DVD Shrink will work it's little heart out, obeying your commands and putting a copy of your work on your HD while instructing DVD Decrypter to toast your DVD to your waiting disc to a rich, golden "Done"..
    - Believe it or not, that was as hard as it ever gets -
    We'll not have to mess with our settings again :)

I KNOW you won't go anywhere near that PC while it's working cause we don't want to mess up the burn this late in the game do we ?

Tell me now, . . . .

Wasn't that finer than frog hair ?

Slicker than a slimy, slithery, Southern, three-toed Sloth ?

Yep, ya see, . . . . I thought you'd say that - .
    Me and thee, what a team :-D)

Thank you for choosing a ScubaPete Guide.

(Remember, when you want a guide with a "out of sight, out of his mind" personality, shop ScubaPete :p)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  5. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

well, i am not buring a real DVD i just put video files together and i made an ISO file wih a DVD title menu and stuff.

6. J_man

J_man Regular member

7. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

that link is broken. sorry about not being specific.

8. J_man

J_man Regular member

just tried the link it works fine!

look at the very top right of the page once you click the link. It will redirect in 10 seconds or you can just click it.

9. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

oh sorry, my internet wasnt working so it didnt show up.

10. HenrySD

HenrySD Guest

There's a program DiVX to DVD www.vso-software.fr who transforms VCD videos, even those downloaded from Kazaa or any other, to a playable CD or DVD on your home DVD player, it takes a while to perform the hole operation (for a 2 hour movie it takes more than 3 hours) of course it depends or your PC performance, but the wait worth whiles. After transforming the video file you have to copy it to a DVD or CD with any copier program, they recommend Copy to DVD which you can download from the internet. Hope this will be useful, please let me know at henrys@telcel.net.ve

11. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Two questions.

What version PS2 do you have?

What format of dvd media are you using?

In most cases, vers 1-4 can only play -r's, most ver 5/6 can play both, and all ver 7+ can play both.