1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2 won't turn ON!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ravz88, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ravz88

ravz88 Member

I recently moved to the US from Africa few months back, my brother brought my old PS2 from Africa few days back, and i connected everything properly but it won't turn on, I even open it up and checked if all cables and cords are well connected but it still won't turn! Any suggestion what i could do about this? i can't loose this PS2 , i have been using it since 5years without any problems and it is chipped so i could play any CD. Please tell me what i can do about this.

2. KMK

KMK Regular member

When you click the power on in the back, does the red light glow in the front? Do any of the lights glow in the front?

3. ravz88

ravz88 Member

are you talking about the power button at the back? coz i think thats the only one i know apart frm the reset button..but anyways none of the lights glow, i just checked all cables again to make sure but all of em are ok...

4. KMK

KMK Regular member

If none of the lights glow (reset or eject) and you can't hear the fan running, it sounds like you just have a bad power supply.

5. KMK

KMK Regular member

Could also be the fuses on the mother board. I found that out by doing a simple search on this forum. There are numerous posts with people having this same problem.

6. ravz88

ravz88 Member

hmmm so how can i solve these problems...is there any places or something i could do to hav this ps2 workin again...i jst cant loose it...

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

8. KMK

KMK Regular member

Well, do you want to try and do these repairs yourself? If so, first step would be to get to the mother board and using a meter set to continuity, test the fuses. The fuses on the mother board are easy to find and used marked with a PS followed by two numbers. (PS9, PS10,PS11)

If you read resistance the fuse is bad. 0 ohms means the fuse is good. Once you've checked to make sure all the fuses are ok, then the next stop would be to assume it is the power supply. I believe the power supply has fuses on it too that you can also check. Some where along the line you will most likely find the problem.

9. garbage55

garbage55 Member

Have you made sure that you didnt bend the Eject-Power button cable they are very fragile, i've gone through 3 myself