1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my ps2 works but takes like 30 minutes to load

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rigoberto, Mar 21, 2005.

1. rigoberto

rigoberto Guest

i had my ps2 4 a long time and it just started giving me this problem.to be able to play my ps2 i have to restart it a few times and when it actually reads the disc i have to wait like 30 minutes.i like opening things up, but in the past ived messed them up, so this time i dont want to risk it.i think is the lense or the laser thats messed up.if u have any ideas on what the problem may be plz respond. thank u.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

sounds like a laser problem but there is no way to fix it without opening it up.
    you can't adjust the laser hight or clean the laser without opeing it up. I guess you will just have to get it to a local Sony service center and have them fix it for you.

3. ps2gamer9

ps2gamer9 Member

I think go to a sony repair shop so they replace the reading lens on it. Or if feel up to the challenge go buy a lens off the internet (cheapest) and look up the scamatics of the PS2 on the internet and replace it yourself.