1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2 works when it is upside down, help would be nice...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AAhani0, Oct 24, 2004.

1. AAhani0

AAhani0 Member

Slowly, my ps2 has been getting worse on me. I have always had it stand vertical, and just a few weeks ago, ive needed to start to tilt the PS2 so the top is leaning towards the floor (at around a 45 degree angle), and nowadays, if i want to play some of my games, i need to have it completely upside down. I never adjusted my laser, so I dont know which way to turn it, but I know how to adjust the laser. Any suggestions on what the problem could be? My PS2 is modded and the game that the thing poops out on me is Soul Calibur II, X-Men Legends and San Andreas. The problem for X-en LEgends is it doesnt load it at all, even when upside down. The problem for Soul Calibur is the load times are horrendously long. The problem for San Andreas is the loading of textures is slow, therefore I begin driving on nothing, then I hit something and have to wait literally a minute and a half for the textures to load, then I see I hit a road block. Also, the game often craps out, and says it cant read the disc, so I just wait and it comes back to normality after like 2 mins. Please, any help ould help greatly. Thanks.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V5(I think) PS2, Duo Modchip, Sony DVD+/-RW DW-U18A, Ridata 4X +/-R's, and a computer called FIREBAT (Let's Burn!!!)*

* - one of the Firebat's quotes from the PC game - Starcraft, by Blizzard.[/small]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  2. jonels

jonels Regular member

3. AAhani0

AAhani0 Member

I have discovered that the scratching is proabably caused by bad blank DVD's. I have reburned San Andreas at a slower speed, and it now works fine while horizontal in supplement with my adjusted (clockwise) cog. The other games I have put aside, and let go, since I can just use the originals until i order my higher quality blanks. So, what type of DVD-R is good quality, and not that expensive. Well, thanks.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V5(I think) PS2, Duo Modchip, Sony DVD+/-RW DW-U18A, Ridata 4X +/-R's, and a computer called FIREBAT (Let's Burn!!!)*

* - one of the Firebat's quotes from the PC game - Starcraft, by Blizzard.[/small]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004