1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS3 is coming! How Do I Do To Connect It To My Display?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sev7en, Jan 26, 2007.

1. sev7en

sev7en Member

Hi there!
    today I ordered a PS3 JAP 60Gb and now I'm wondering how I have I to connect it to my display to get the best view. I've a Samsung 940MW. Anyone can help me?

Thanks!!!

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

If your TV supports HDMI connection then go with that. Picture quality is superb and audio is quite good too. If not then the next best thing down would be to go with component cables.

3. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

yea well the ps3 comes with the regular component cables. so if you want the best picture and sound quality your going to have to buy the HDMI cable serperatly since it doesnt come with one and HDMI cables can cost around 60$ for a good one.

4. sev7en

sev7en Member

5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

The ps3 does not come with component cables, it comes with composite cables. Component provides a hi-def signal, while the latter, composite does not.

For your particular TV it supports component and DVI connection (hi-def) and composite (standard def) so you could get a HDMI to DVI plug and use the DVI connection, or u can use component. Both provide hi-def signals. Once again the COMPOSITE cables that come with the ps3 (20GB and 60GB) do not provide a hi-def signal.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007