1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My psp can't go into recovery mode, HELP!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by joojoo000, Oct 18, 2007.

1. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

Whenever I turn off my psp, and hold R to go into recovery, or whatever mode its called, my screen will light up a little then just turn off. I am running 3.52 M33-4 firmware, what do I do?

Did I brick my psp? I just want to downgrade back to 1.50.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Well, if you cant get access to recovery mode, then you prolly bricked it.

4. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

Well my psp still works... I can play games off the memory stick just I cant change my firmware, is it repairable or not?

5. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Can you run the M33 firmware updates? If you cant, you can also use Pandora.

6. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

Is pandora the thing where you use another battery? If so can you provide a link to how to do it? Thank you.

7. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Yea, thats Pandora, theres a sticky on top of the page. It has an easy installer and comes with the guide.

8. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

Yea, I tried that method, it says you need to change it to run in 2.XX kernal, but I dont think I can change it to do that, I cant access that area where you hold R to get to so how would I change the kernal?

9. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Well, you need to set the kernal to 1.50, if its there, then your good. But still try it out and see how it went. If you need help, tell me.

10. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

I tried the despertar cementario thing, all it does is returns the psp to the xmb/home menu. I looked around and no file was created like it said would happen.

11. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

Now it says "You must have 2.71 or higher" Im guessing that means kernal? If so, how do I change my kernal to that if I cant get into that place where you hold R to get to?

12. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

13. lorddarkp

lorddarkp Guest

I have the same problem. Difference is, mine just ignore the R button and goes into XMB. It's like it has a mind of it's own it starts whenever it wants to

14. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

Yea, and from what I've seen, when holding the R button doesn't work its beyond repair.

15. joojoo000

joojoo000 Guest

I guess it cant be fixed?

16. buzzwny

buzzwny Member

Try this:

Remove your battery. Now place it back in. Hold down the R button, while turning it on. You should now get the recovery mode menu.

Hope this helps.

17. rossmc92

rossmc92 Member

i have this problem.was downloadin the applecor theme and it said delete the font and vsh folder and replace them with the applecor ones. i did that and now the screen stays blank and only goes a little bright when i go to recovery. is there any way to unbrick it?