1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PSP freezes when i try to load any UMD

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by icecanal, Jun 1, 2007.

1. icecanal

icecanal Member

Hey i have a psp that is version 3.40 OE-A right now and when i put in a UMD and try to load it, my PSP freezes and i can't press anything. But the weird thing is when i don't have a UMD inside i doesn't freeze what happened?

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

by any chance, do u have no umd enabled? that might be it...
    did u use the 3.03 downgrader? if the umd u r tryin to load is gta:lcs, the HEN files are acting again, just delete them...
    other than that, all i can say is its a bad umd, or ur PSP umd drive is busted

3. icecanal

icecanal Member

no the no-umd is disabled. And the disc i am using is "Sampler Disc for psp vol 1. Oh and it was working like an hour before

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  4. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Maybe it's just the disc that's messed up. Pop in another one and see if it loads. Did you have the same problem with other firmware?

5. icecanal

icecanal Member

no i dont think its my UMD cause i even tried with my dynasty warrior. As far as firmware it has only done this with 3.40 OE-A

6. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Downgrade to another OE firmware and see if you have the same problem. It could be a bug in the firmware you are using. Try 3.03 OE-C, that has no UMD problems at all.

7. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Yea 3.40 is buggy. 3.03 OE-C is a really popular firmware because it has gone throught a lot of improvements and has more fixes...There is a link for 3.03 OE-C in my sig.

8. icecanal

icecanal Member

but the only reason i want to fix the UMD problem is because i want to play Bleach heat the soul 4. When i play it with out UMD it has problem loading the battles. And i dont think bleach works on 3.03

9. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Try this.
    Downgrade to 3.03 OE-C or any other firmware and then try the game on that version. then go to restore defult settings. and upgrade back to 3.4 OE-A some ppl have said this works. Or try deleting all of flash 1.

10. icecanal

icecanal Member

ok ill try that. But i have been talking to some PSP profesionals and they say that it might be that the wiriing is scewed up.

11. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

they wanna scam u out of money. dont fall for it.

12. TwinBlade

TwinBlade Regular member

I Was having a similar problem, all I did was format the Flash1 and everything was fine.

13. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Yea, dont trust anyone unless its a good trusted place. How would wiring be messed up? theres berely any wires in there anyway. and it aint like u tooked it apart. If you hear the sound of the motor spinning the disk and see the red laser light then its really small chance its the wiring. Its probably a firmware issue

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007